In an increasingly noisy social media marketing environment, brands that take the time to offer data-backed visualizations are likely to be the leaders in social media ROI (return on investment). Content consumers are increasingly bypassing content without images on social media, and they are also starting to bypass images they've seen repeatedly—like those that many brands get from image interfaces like Unsplash. Combine this decrease in engagement with the backlash against social platforms like Facebook, and you have a perfect storm for decreased social media interactions for brands.
One powerful way to combat this potential loss of social networking engagement is to up your data visualization game. Brands investing in visualizations based on in-depth data analysis are likely to become the victors in terms of attracting (and retaining) customers. If you need further convincing that data visualizations should be a top 2019 marketing priority, consider the following 10 truths about the form.
1. Data visualization allows your brand to spot market trends before competitors. You can uncover trends relevant to your market niche, see how consumers are behaving toward your industry, or discover if competitors are capturing a portion of your market share. Invest in data visualizations on a steady basis as part of your marketing outreach efforts, and you'll be impressed at how quickly you become regarded as a thought leader in your industry.
2. Data visualization can help your team make data-informed marketing decisions. Instead of reacting to the actions of others in your market sector, you can use provable data to inform your decision-making process. Too many of today's brands market in a reactionary manner instead of analyzing their company's data and making marketing decisions accordingly.
3. Data visualization allows your brand to layer multiple data points into one easy-to-understand graph. You needn't focus on only one sector of your business but can, instead, offer your audience multidimensional data. This helps your target customer understand your business as a whole (and just might make your competitors a wee bit jealous).
4. When data visualizations become a regular component of your brand's marketing strategy, you help potential customers understand a variety of perspectives about your company. You don't have to offer data from a single viewpoint; instead, you can delve deep into your company's data analytics to prove your points. Brands using data visualizations as part of their weekly customer outreach efforts are likely to build a much greater level of trust with their customers than those without data-informed marketing materials.
5. Data visualization is an excellent way to offer research-intensive information in smaller snippets of data. Consumers can easily understand the data you're offering instead of having their eyes glaze over when you offer them a detailed white paper or case study. Brand visualizations are a terrific way to help inform your target customer base while not overloading them with data at the same time.
6. Thanks to modern technologies, interactive data visualizations are growing in popularity. Instead of offering static data to your target audience, you can now offer data visualizations that your audience can interact with. Not only does this increase your time-on-site ratio (awesome for search engine optimization), but it also helps your audience better understand the information your brand is offering.
7. Decision making is often influenced by the ability to fully understand the pros and cons of a company's offering. When you use data visualizations to help decision makers with their choices, you increase the odds that your company will come out on top. Whether you're targeting B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-consumer) decision makers, your chances of closing a sale increase dramatically when you offer data visualizations.
8. Brands using detailed data in their social media and content marketing graphics are much likelier to increase their marketing ROI than those failing to offer data-backed graphics. If 2019 is the year you turbocharge your digital marketing efforts, doubling down on data visualizations is one of the savviest marketing moves you can make. Don't be surprised if competitors start sniffing around your marketing, trying to understand what you're doing differently and why you're attracting more of their customers to your business.
9. With an increasing amount of data analytics available to brands, data visualizations are an easy way to establish market authority. Offering visualizations of your brand's different data points can help convince consumers of your product/service's superiority, your company's understanding of your market, or even your business's grasp on the future of your market sector. When you integrate data visualizations into your brand-building strategy, you instantly propel your company into a leadership position among your target consumers.
10. One final reason brands should be going all-in on data visualizations in 2019 is that visualized data is just plain cool! There are so many ways to offer data visualizations, including heat maps, pie charts, scatter maps, and line graphs. If you want to stop customers in their tracks online, start sharing data visualizations on a daily basis. You'll be surprised how quickly your social media follower counts skyrocket and how your social share rates increase significantly.
These are just 10 of the many reasons that data visualizations should be a top 2019 marketing priority. If your company isn't developing a detailed visualization strategy for your marketing team, you're leaving money on the table and potentially decreasing business revenues in the process. Stop wasting time trying to compete using the same methods as everyone else in your market. Set your brand apart by becoming a data visualization thought leader.