How Do I Create an On-Demand Geofilter in Snapchat?
You can make your own Geofilters to show off your business or to celebrate a special event — anything from a wedding to your dog’s fourth birthday 🎉
This feature is only available in the USA, at the moment 🇺🇸 It might be expanding to other regions soon, though!
Here’s how to create an On-Demand Geofilter:
- Go to your camera screen, and tap the icon in the top-left to go to your profile
- Tap the ⚙️ button to go to your settings
- Tap ‘On-Demand Geofilters’
- Tap the button in the top right to create a new Geofilter
- Choose what your Geofilter is for
- Choose one of our templates to get started
- Edit your Geofilter 🎨 You can tap to edit the text that’s part of the template or drag it into the trash. You can even add your own text and stickers!
- Tap the ☑️ button when your Geofilter looks just right
- Name your Geofilter — we suggest something easy to recognize
- Schedule your Geofilter ⏰ Choose a start time and an end time — your Geofilter can last anywhere from an hour to weeks or more!
- Map out the area you want your Geofilter to cover 🗺️ Drag the points of your geofence to change its shape, and pinch your fingers in and out to change its size! Your Geofilter’s price will automatically update based on how big your Geofence is.
- Double-check all the info on your Geofilter order
- Tap ‘Submit’ to send your Geofilter our way for approval 🙌 We’ll notify you once it’s been approved — then, all you’ll need to do is confirm your payment!
Note: The price of your Geofilter is calculated based on how long it’ll last, how big it is, and how in-demand that location is at the moment 📈
Pro Tip 💡 You can also create more complex Geofilters from scratch in your favorite program and submit them on our Geofilters page — learn how here!
Important ⚠️ We can refund Geofilters purchased in your browser, but unfortunately can’t refund ones created and purchased in Snapchat. To learn more about how our refunds work, go here!