How Do I Setup Targeting in Twitter Ads Editor
Twitter gives advertisers a very robust set of targeting options available in the Twitter Ads Editor. Please not that not all of the options listed below are available for all campaign types.
First, you have the option to use a custom audience. Custom audiences can be added from the Audience Manager located under the Tools tab. The Audience Manager gives you four options to build a list;
- Upload your own list (this is great if you have an existing customer list)
- Make a tag to collect website visitors
- Collect your mobile app users
- Build a flexible audience (this is a hybrid of the other options)
The second targeting option allows you to define your audience manually by choosing demographics such;
- Location (target people in a specific country, state, province, region, metro area, and/or postal code)
- Devices & Platforms
- Language (leave this section blank if you want to target any language)
The third option lets you further refine your audience by selecting additional demographics like;
- Behaviors (behaviors are supplied by Twitter partners and are based on actual online and offline behaviors and characteristics)
- Events (reach people interested in global or regional events)
- Interests (there are 25 different interests available to target)
- Keywords (enter or upload a list of keywords that will be used to target individuals who have used these keywords in searches or tweets)
- Follower-lookalikes (include a list of usernames, such as your main competitors, and advertise to their followers)
The final option gives advertisers the opportunity to include their existing followers in the campaign or have them excluded.
Originally published 01/22/18, updated 02/17/18.